Wednesday

Why i like hurdling T2P8

I like hurdling because of two reasons. Firstly, because it helps level the playing field for those who cannot run as fast as other people. Hurdling requires training and practice. Although talent helps, the trainings are still the most crucial part of perfecting your hurdling technique.

Next, I like hurdling because I cannot run as fast as most of the other trackers. Luckily, i can hurdle better than some of them, which helps me catch up to them. Without hurdles, there would be nothing i can do in track.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with ZhiHao's point that having hurdles can help to level the playing field for people who are not so inclined towards running. I agree even more with the point ZhiHao has no contributions to the team if there were no hurdles events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally am not a sprinter or hurdler, but I have certainly tried a few times. My experience was that it helped me learn to overcome obstacles, not just the hurdle. The hurdle at first, when I was stationary, seemed like a feat that I would never achieve. I am rather short and small built so the hurdler was very intimidating to me. However as I took my first try, I was surprised. The momentum and speed lifted me perfectly. I was able to jump over the hurdle. In life, it is similar. When we look at difficulties but do not even try to overcome it, it will forever be difficult. However if we choose to take a step, chances are it is not as hard as we think it probably is.

    ReplyDelete