Saturday

Trainings T2P7

When i first joined the sprints team, i hated trainings. Trainings mostly involved running and doing weights. I did not like it because they were quite boring and repetitive. What made me dislike track was that we had to train during holidays!

Soon, i realised the that i would learn something new during the june holidays. I would learn how to hurdle. Hurdling can be for two races, 400m or 100m. The 100m hurdles focuses more on technique, and how to minimize the amount of time the hurdle slows you down by. 400m hurdles focuses on the steps before the hurdles, how to plan them correctly so that you do not have to slow down to cross the hurdle. Your technique does not have to be so good.

After this, i enjoyed going for trainings. I love hurdling. I feel great every time i cross a hurdle. Although there are still trainings where we do running exercises, i try to do my best for these as i know that they will help me hurdle better.

No comments:

Post a Comment